We are excited to announce that we have moved into the new areas of the school. The front office has moved to the Administrative Building located in the rear of the previously existing building. We are now asking that all parents enter campus through Foster Park and walk through the center gate and into the Main Entrance.
Order your GTL spiritwear at gtl70508.winwinsw.com
Theme for the 2015-2016 School Year:
"Oh! The places we will grow..."
Here is some important Back To School Reminders:
- New Student Registration will be held on July 28, 29, and 30 from 9:00am - 2:00pm in the Administrative Building.
- Meet and Greet will be held on August 11 from 4:00pm - 6:00pm. Current proof of residency must be presented in order to receive the class placement of students. Proof from previous school years will not be accepted.
Acceptable proof of residency must be a current Gas, Electric, or Water bill with the name and address printed on the bill. People who do not have a utility bill in their name may register by providing the following three items:
1) A utility bill in the name of the person they live with.
2) A current (within 30 days) notarized statement from that person saying the parent and the child live with them at that address.
3) A disconnect notice from prior utilities or a state or federal document that is mailed to the parent at that address (WIC, food stamps, disability checks, tax documents).
For answers to your questions regarding proof of residency, please contact the Office of Child Welfare and Attendance at 521-7089.
- Incoming Pre-K and Kindergarten students should receive a letter with the date and time of the screening. First full day of school for Pre-K and K students are as follows:
August 18, 2015: First Day for Girls
August 19, 2015: First Day for Boys
Kindergarten reports at 8:30
Pre-K reports at 9:00
- School is in session from 7:55am to 3:10pm. Students will be considered tardy if they are not in class at 7:55am.
- Students are not to be dropped off before 7:25am. Our car rider line enters campus from Foster Park. We close back gates at 7:53am to insure that students are in class for 7:55am. We are more lenient during the first two weeks of school as everyone is becoming familiar with our system.Student pick up is also in the rear of the school and begins as soon as the buses have exited the campus.
- Students are not to be dropped off in the neighborhood surrounding the school. This is a safety hazard. Only students who have proof of residence that indicates they live within walking distance (1 mile) will be allowed to leave campus as a walking student. Please assist us as we strive to maintain a campus that is safe for all children.
Last but not least, we are looking forward to working with you at Green T. Lindon. The academic, social, emotional, and behavioral success for all students is important to us!
GTL Mission Statement:
Coming together to
Use knowledge and
GTL Cub Pledge
"As a Green T. Lindon Cub, I pledge to care about others,
use good manners, be responsible and safe, and show school spirit."
Hours for students:
7:25am (Student Arrival/Breakfast)
7:55am (Tardy Bell)
Car Rider Map
Senate Bill No. 146, Act No. 331 was approved. This bill limits the sale of certain beverages and foods in public schools. The Approved Vending List for Schools is a work in progress and more foods which fit the criteria will be added to the list as they are available. Approved Foods List
School Requirements for Student Registration