Φ Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher with the Lafayette Parish School System.
- The first step in the process is to complete the on-line application. The link below will take you to the Job Postings Page; look for the Substitute Teacher Position and click "apply". Complete the application and submit.
- After you've submitted your application electronically, you will receive an email with a date and time to come to the Human Resources Department at the Central Office for fingerprinting. You will also need to bring your driver's license and social security card. If you do not bring these required documents, you will not be fingerprinted and will have to wait for the next available in-service.
- If you are a certified teacher please upload a copy of you certification, you can contact Human Resources if you have any technical issues. You will not have to attend the in-service if you attach your certification to your employment application.
- If you have a 4-year degree, you will be paid at the degreed rate, and you are required to attach your degree or transcript to your online application. If you are unable to upload a copy of your degree or transcript to your application, please contact Human Resources if you have any technical issues.You will still be required to attend the in-service.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with the application, please call 337-521-7063. Please note that the substitute teacher application will be available two weeks before the next in-service to allow adequate time for fingerprinting. Click on the "Substitute In-Service" link, located on the right of this webpage, for the dates.