I would like to welcome you to David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy. The 2014-15 school year is our fourth year as a school serving students and families in grades 6-12. The vision of our school establishes a learning environment where children learn through self-discovery by gaining an understanding of the relevance of the content being taught. This type of learning atmosphere empowers our students to become self-reliant learners and prepares them with college and career readiness skills to become productive citizens in our competitive world.
As you navigate through our website, I encourage you to explore the various learning pathways in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Each of these learning pathways provides a rigorous curriculum supported by major corporations in each of the areas.
Our learning theme this year is designed to create a “Ready to Learn”, “Ready to Teach”, and Ready to “Lead” mindset for all families, staff and students in our David Thibodaux family. We encourage families to get involved in the educational process of the school in order to gain a clear understanding of student, families, and staff roles in our school theme.
The faculty and staff at David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy continues to be committed to serving our students on campus by:
1. Providing an educational setting that is safe for all students.
2. Gaining a clear understanding of the academic and emotional needs of our students.
3. Providing educational opportunities that are both rigorous and follows Common Core State Standards.
4. Providing instruction that is relevant to the students.
5. Establishing and teaching academic and behavioral expectations of all students on campus.
6. Developing educational plans that meet the learning needs of each student on campus.
7. Working with families and community members to ensure our children have a wonderful education experience at our school.
So, come visit us at DTSMA and experience our learning adventure.
Jeff Debetaz, Principal