Duson Elementary and our stakeholders share the following vision…
We believe that:
- All Students can learn and grow.
- A Collaborative effort among students, parents, and teachers is necessary to ensure academic achievement and social development.
- Each student is special and has unique educational and social needs.
- Maintaining a quality instructional program that sets high expectations, monitors student progress, evaluates student achievement, and provides for re-teaching/ and remediation is imperative for student growth.
- Engaging students to apply higher-order thinking skills and problem-solving strategies produces lifelong learners.
- Committing to helping students develop a sense of pride, character, self discipline, a positive attitude and a healthy concept benefits the entire school community.
Duson Elementary Mission Statement,
Duson TIGERS: Together Individuals Grow and Lead so Everyone Reaches Success
Duson Tigers ROAR: Respect, On Task , Act Safely, Responsibly