District News & Information
Slightly Elevated Levels of Carbon Monoxide Detected at Burke Elementary School
Students at Burke Elementary School have been given the all clear to return to class after they were evacuated as a precautionary measure this morning after an alarm sounded on a carbon monoxide meter in the cafeteria kitchen. Lafayette Parish School System maintenance personnel and the local fire department checked the cafeteria and found slightly elevated levels of carbon monoxide, but the levels were far below levels that pose a danger. One cafeteria worker was transported to the hospital as a precaution. No students were affected, and normal meal service will be provided.