District News & Information
Back to Articles
Revised Administrative Rule for Lafayette Parish Public School Students
At the Lafayette Parish School Board meeting on November 9, board members passed a revised District Administrative Rule. The Administrative Rule sets forth the rules for establishing and modifying school zones within the district. The Rule also provides the option for some eligible students who are affected by zone changes to remain at the school they currently attend. To see the entire Administrative Rule document and other details about re-zoning, please refer to the LPSS webpage at http://www.lpssonline.com/homezone .
Rising 11 th and 12 th grade students and their siblings currently enrolled may remain at the current school under the following conditions.
- Siblings of rising twelfth grade students may remain at their current school for one year.
- Siblings of rising eleventh grade students may remain at their current school for two years.
- Younger siblings who do not currently attend the high school of the rising eleventh or twelfth grade student will be required to attend their new zoned school.
When attendance zone changes occur at the middle school level, rising eighth-grade students and siblings attending the school may elect to continue to attend their current middle school for one year.
During the one year of transition when an attendance zone changes at the elementary school level, rising fourth grade students in a K-4 School or rising fifth-grade students in a K-5 School and siblings attending the school may elect to continue to attend their current elementary school for one year.
- When attendance zone changes occur, a student shall be eligible for bus transportation if he/she elects to attend the school in the new, revised attendance zone.
- The parent/guardian shall provide transportation should the rising student or sibling elect to remain at the school he/she currently attends.
High School Juniors and Seniors
Transportation will not be provided to juniors and seniors who elect to remain at their previously zoned school.
School of Choice and Academy Students
- In cases where an Academy or School of Choice has moved to a new site, and a rising eleventh grade student (2016-2017) is enrolled, the student may remain at their previously zoned school, but will be withdrawn from the Academy or School of Choice. In order to remain in the school of choice, the student will need to attend school at the site of the Academy or School of Choice.
- In cases where an Academy or School of Choice has moved to a new site and a rising twelfth grade student (2016-2017) is enrolled, the student may remain at their previously zoned school. Individual student requests to complete Academy and School of Choice courses at the new site will be reviewed and accommodated when possible. Transportation will not be provided. Otherwise, the rising twelfth grade student will be withdrawn from the Academy or School of Choice.
Printer Friendly Version
Send this Page to a Friend!