District News & Information
Back to Articles
Public School Choice
In compliance with state statute and policy, the Lafayette Parish School System offers Public School Choice for academic year 2018-19 to the parents of K-12 students zoned for and enrolled in:
Because these schools received a letter grade of D in the 2017 state accountability release, the district must provide these options.
- Carencro Heights Elementary School
- J. W. Faulk Elementary School
- Live Oak Elementary School
- Acadian Middle School
- Carencro Middle School
- Lafayette Middle School
- Carencro High School
If Spring 2018 LEAP Assessment results indicate any of these schools will earn a grade of C or higher, no Public School Choice transfers will be allowed from that specific school or schools.
The application will be available beginning July 2, 2018 until midnight on July 20, 2018.
- Parents of students zoned for one of the above schools may complete an application by clicking the link below.
- Families who are new residents in the attendance zones of these schools or who reside in one of the zones and plan to transfer into the public school system may complete an application and explain their situation in the ‘Additional Information’ section.
- If you are applying for multiple children you will need to complete one application per child.
*Applications will not be considered until the student is enrolled in one of the above schools. Do not wait to officially enroll your child at one of the school listed above before completing the application. Applications will NOT be accepted outside of the application window.
Public School Choice 2018-2019 Application
Frequently Asked Questions
State Statute and Policy
Printer Friendly Version
Send this Page to a Friend!