skip to navigation | skip to content

Home  :  About LPSS  :  Divisions  :  Academics  :  Special Education  :  Placement Information

Placement Information

Enrollment of Students From Out of State or Parish

Please understand that a child must be enrolled in a school in the Lafayette Parish District in order for services to be provided.  Parents/Guardians of prospective students are requested to provide the Special Education Department with all academic, medical, social, psychological, and special education information, including evaluations and IEP’s. 

A release of information form from our department should be requested as soon as possible in order to help insure that we receive the needed information.  An initial evaluation by our assessment team is necessary on all out-of-state evaluations.  The interim IEP process will be discussed with you upon the enrollment of your child.

In addition to the above information, schools will require the following information from you in order to enroll your child: 
(1)   B
irth certificate
Current immunization record
Social security card (if available)
Most recent utility receipt showing proof of residence
A report card/withdrawal form issued by previous school