Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support (PBIS) helps parents and school staff create and maintain a safe, supportive learning environment, promote positive life skills, and reduce negative behaviors so that all children can succeed in school. PBIS address both individual behavior and environmental factors and focuses on skill building rather than punishment. See listing of PBIS rewards below.
In addition, PBIS addresses bullying prevention, social skills development, resilience building, and discipline. L. Leo Judice has a PBIS leadership team that guides the implementation of PBIS strategies in order to create effective environments in which teaching and learning can occur.
Rewards for Good Behavior:
- L. Leo Bucks can be earned for being Safe, Responsible, and Respectful
- PBIS Store where students can use L. Leo Bucks to shop every other month
- Free Dress Day Drawing once a week for each grade level
- Monthly Incentives for students with good behavior
- Free Recess at the end of each 9-weeks period for students who followed the expectations
- Big Prize Drawing at the end of each semester for students who attended each free recess
The PBIS Discipline Flowchart is located below. (click on the name of the file)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.