Ms. Monique Chargois - Principal
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Louisiana Lafayette, 2002
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision, University of Louisiana Lafayette 1997
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, University of Louisiana Lafayette, 1995
- Vermilion Catholic High School, 1992
- 2015-Present--Principal--Ernest Gallet Elementary
- 2008-2015--Principal--Lafayette Middle School
- 2004-2008--Assistant Principal--Lafayette Middle School
- 2002-2004--Assistant Principal--Paul Breaux Middle School
- 1999-2002--3rd grade teacher--Ernest Gallet Elementary
- 1995-1999--3rd grade teacher--Ridge Elementary
I am married to Kevin Chargois. We have 6 children. Madison Magee is 18 years old. She is attending the University of Louisiana Lafayette and is majoring in Education. Bailee Magee is 16 years old. She is a Sophomore at Early College Academy. Kevin (Vin) Chargois Jr. is 4 years old. Jace Chargois, 30 years old, Hunter Chargois, 28 years old, and Kami Chargois, 23 years old. We have 1 grandchild, Kamille Chargois and she is 2.
I love taking pictures.
I co-authored a book How the Best Teachers Differentiate Instruction.
Ms. Tracy Sanders - Assistant Principal
- B.A.: Elementary Education, 2006. UL Lafayette, LA
- Add-On Certification: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in School Librarian, 2012. Northwestern State University. Natchitoches, LA
- M.ED.: Education Leadership, 2019. American College of Education. Indianapolis, IN
- 4th & 5th Grade Teacher, Peebles Elementary
- 2nd, 4th, & 5th Grade Teacher, Ernest Gallet Elementary
- 2nd Grade Teacher, J. Wallace James Elementary-2nd Chance Program
- Librarian, Ernest Gallet Elementary
I educate students, embrace them with knowledge, and teach them to believe in themselves as much as I believe in them. I foster the life-long love of reading by promoting quality, literature in every aspect of my daily presentations. I take time to learn about the students I teach and how to use their talents and interests to motivate them in an education setting. I remain hungry for knowledge and try to instill that hunger in my students.
I am a data-driven educator that utilizes data relevant to the decisions I make that impact student achievement on a daily basis. Identifying strengths along with weaknesses assists in growing the academic, social, and emotional growth of students. Finding what truly engages students is my constant quest. I love to learn and want my students to experience that same passion.
When I am away from my school, I love to read, shop, and travel. Traveling fuels my hunger to remain relevant and knowledgeable in a global workforce. Experiencing different cultures provides an insight into the customs, traditions, and values of various cultures. Baking and reading are my calm places in a chaotic schedule. Sharing sweet treats with others brings me joy. I love spending time curled up with my pups and a good book.
Ms. Taura Williamson - Instructional Leader
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Master in Business Administration, University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- High School Diploma, Buras High School
- Lafayette Parish School System: 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teacher-Cpl. Middlebrook Elementary School, Evangeline Elementary, Acadian Middle, and Alice Boucher
- St. Landry Parish School Board: 2nd & 4th grade teacher- Leonville Elementary School
- Plaquemines Parish School Board: Kindergarten & 2nd grade- Boothville-Venice High School
In 2005, I had officially moved to this area after Hurricane Katrina devastated my hometown of Buras, La located in Plaquemines Parish. Soon after, I decided to make Lafayette, La. become the place that I now call home. Over the past several years, I have been an elementary school educator at several schools in Lafayette Parish and other surrounding areas. I am a proud mother of my only son. In my pastime, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, relaxing on the patio, and gardening in my flowerbed.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.