Welcome to our
DTSMA Counselor Connection
We, the counselors at David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy, believe all students, with proper academic, career, and social/emotional support, will reach their goals and become successful, contributing members of society.
We believe that all students can and will learn. We believe that education is the means to reach all goals. We believe that individuality is the key to a successful society.
6TH & 7TH GRADE COUNSELOR
Request to see Mrs. Angelle
8TH & 9TH GRADE COUNSELOR
email@example.com Request to see Mrs. Soley
10TH & Primary 12TH GRADE COUNSELOR
Request to see Mrs. German
11TH & Secondary 12TH GRADE COUNSELOR
Request to see Mrs. Guillory
STEM Pathways for High School at DTSMA
Professional School Counselors focus on three broad domains.
The academic domain includes implementing strategies and activities to support and maximize each student's ability to learn. This includes scheduling students in appropriate classes.
The career domain has two areas of focus to help students: 1.) understand the connection between school and the world of work and 2.) plan for and make a successful transition from school to post-secondary education and/or the world of work using Individual Graduation Plans.
The personal/social domain helps students learn to manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills so they can be successful in the classroom and in life.
Announcements & Opportunities
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Test Prep & Resources - includes ACT/SAT and CLEP
DTSMA Calendar of Events
Are you a past graduate that needs a replacement Diploma or high school transcript?
Complete this form and send with payment to LPSS Department of Student Services.
Your school counselors are here to support your growth and learning
on this journey to develop your excellence and success!
Here is a general list of the services we provide for all students:
- Individual counseling -- short term, solution focused.
- Small group counseling
- Crisis counseling -- includes suicide, grief, and personal issues.
- College and career counseling
- Direct instruction through class lessons and school-wide activities.
- Group activities such as college and career fairs, post-secondary site visits, student workshops, and community/business tours.
- Appraisal -- analyze and evaluate student interest, abilities, skills and achievement to help student develop immediate and long-range plans.
- Advisement -- help students make decisions for future plans based on academic, career and personal/social data.
- Referrals -- direct students and parents to resources for additional assistance. This includes requesting social worker services.
- Collaboration -- work with others to support student achievement and advocate for equity and access for all. Includes teaming and partnering, school/district committees, and parent workshops.
- Consultation -- share strategies that support student achievement with parents, teachers, other educators and community organizations. Counselors serve as student advocates and identify strategies that promote student achievement.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.