The Martial F. Billeaud Media Program seeks to create a 21st-century environment that promotes learning for all students by providing equitable access to information, teaching information literacy skills, and encouraging lifelong learning.
The library media center strives to be a center of collaborative learning that produces creative students who have an appreciation of literature, critical thinking skills, and a respect for others and self.
- Our school uses the Accelerated Reader (AR) program to track students reading progress.
- With this program, your child has access to over 100,000 quizzes.
- If you would like to see if there is a quiz for a book, go to www.arbookfind.com.
- Go to the AR testing site.
- Your child will know his/her username and password.
- Students may only take AR tests at school.
- Email Mrs. Deville if they are uncertain (email@example.com).
- Destiny is our library catalog system.
- We use Destiny to know what books we own and if they are checked out or available to check out.
- We also have access to World Book Online and TumbleBooks.
- The World Book Online username and password is lpssschools and gumbo.
- Go to Destiny.
- Students in grades Kindergarten through 4th will visit the library weekly for 30 minutes.
- Students in grades 1st-5th can visit the libarary during open access hours as well (9:00-2:45).
- Students in the 5th grade will visit the library during open access hours (8:30-2:45).
- During library visits, students will be able to check out new books (2 books at a time).
- Students will also tinker and explore with STEAM during library time.
- It is a place for us to design, invent, collaborate, connect and have fun using the principles of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
- A Makerspace is about solving problems, building, thinking and rethinking of thoughts and ideas.
- From technology to recyclable materials, the Makerspace allows learning to come alive!
- If you would like to purchase supplies for our library, please check out our wish list. (https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/SSG6KRHA2KMM?ref_=wl_share)
- Students are not assessed fines for overdue books.
- However, students are not allowed to check out new books if they have an overdue library book.
- Once the overdue library book is returned, then the student may continue checking out books.
- Please assist us in helping your child be responsible for his or her library books.
- Each student is responsible for any book(s) he or she checks out.
- About Us
- Current Events (opens in new window)
- Calendar (opens in new window)
- Faculty and Staff
- Grade Level Websites (opens in new window)
- Leader in Me (opens in new window)
- Cafeteria (opens in new window)
- Kid's Corner (opens in new window)
- Parent Information (opens in new window)
- Threats to School Safety
We’re sorry, no events were found for this calendar.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.