Keeping Your Accounts Safe
Do Not Share Your Account Information
What happens in your account is tied to YOUR name and YOU can get in trouble for inappropriate activity. If someone else has your account information, they could use your account inappropriately, and there will be no evidence that it was not you.
Change Your Password!
- It is not difficult for someone to find your email address. If they know your birth date (also not hard to find or guess), they can get into your account and you are liable for what happens in YOUR account.
- Change your password!
- You can change your password at any time and also change it multiple times a year. Click HERE for instructions.
Use a strong password.
- Use letters, numbers, and symbols
- If you're going to use words, replace letters and numbers with symbols
- DON'T leave your password as your date of birth! It is too easy for someone to get into your account.
Be sure to logout of your account(s) when you step away from ANY device.
- Click the Sign Out button on the Chromebook before closing the lid.
- Log out of Chrome (three dots on the top right corner - Settings).
- Log out of Google Apps (your avatar/name - logout).
- Log out of Clever.
Check your account activity.
Think someone is using your account? After changing your password, check your account activity:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and click Google Account.
- Click Security on the left.
- You have two places to check:
- Recent security events - This will show any app, extension, or new login.
- Your devices - This will give you a list of all devices that have access to your account. Remove any suspicious devices.
- Helpdesk (opens in new window)
- School WiFi Access
- In-home Internet Assistance Application (opens in new window)
- Aplicación para Recibir Servicio de Internet Gratis en Casa (opens in new window)
- Your Google Account
- School Tech Coaches
- Other Tech Tools
- Online Safety
- Digital Citizenship
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.