The mission of the Lafayette Parish Visual Arts Department is to provide each student with the skills needed to experience a lifetime love of art while stimulating creativity and critical thinking skills. We will also integrate core curriculum into the arts curricula on a daily basis in order to enrich the content and meet state and national standards.
The Lafayette Parish Visual Art Department will encourage all students to achieve their greatest potential by:
- valuing a life enriched by the arts
- using the arts as a creative expression
- achieving cognitive development (critical and flexible thinking)
- learning other content areas through the arts
- embracing Acadiana's strong presence of artistic expression
- providing an opportunity to select art as a profession
- inspiring students to realize their full artistic potential while equipping them with the skills necessary to succeed in today's world.
Visual Art Curriculum Resources
Community and Teacher Resources
- ULL College of the Arts http://arts.louisiana.edu
- Hilliard University Art Museum http://museum.louisiana.edu/
- Acadiana Center for the Arts (AcA) http://acadianacenterforthearts.org/AcA
- Children’s Museum www.childrensmuseumofacadiana.com
- George Rodrigue Foundation (GRFA) http://georgerodriguefoundation.org/
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.