Communications / Public Information
The Office of Communications serves the Lafayette Parish School System and is dedicated to improving and maintaining communications with all stakeholders. Quality communication builds credibility, improves relationships, and earns trust. It is our job to keep stakeholders informed about policies, academics, performance, programs, activities, and accomplishments. These types of communication are vital in creating an educated, supportive community, and in promoting public confidence.
Information coordinated by this office includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Communication to staff, students, and the community
- Website content development
- Social media
- Media releases and requests
- Superintendent’s communications
- Marketing materials
- Incident and crisis response
- Recognition of students and staff
- District-wide programs
- Community relations
The Office of Communications serves Lafayette schools and the community by facilitating internal and external communications.
Media Access to Schools
LPSS is committed to providing information on the district and its activities in an appropriate manner. It is the responsibility of LPSS to maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning with as few disruptions as possible.
- Media representatives (journalists, photojournalists, videographers, photographers) are not permitted on school grounds to interview, photograph or videotape without prior approval from the Principal or Public Infomation Officer.
- All school visitors, including media representatives, must check in through the front office.
Public Information Officer
Amanda N. Blanco
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.