Regulations and Resources
School breakfast, school lunch, and school snacks are prepared and served with the highest quality and are available to all students. Program operations for Child Nutrition Services are consistent with state and federal regulations. The policies and procedures reflect the short and long term goals for the program.
The budget, separate from the parish budget, is based upon departmental needs, revenue, and expenditures. Financial management includes ongoing budgetary projections, revisions, and review of financial reports and management indicators.
Child Nutrition Services recruits and hires all staff for the program based on the department's mission statement, overall goals, policies, and procedures. An evaluation system is in place for all employees. Open communication is promoted throughout the department. Participation in outside professional associations are encouraged, promoted, and supported.
The U. S. Department of Agriculture distributes money to Child Nutrition Services through federal funding from the following sources:
- National School Lunch Program
- National Breakfast Program
- Summer Food Service Program
Additional Funding for Child Nutrition Services:
- Meal Sales to Students & Staff
- Extra Sales to Students & Staff
- Nutrition Standards for School Meals
- School Breakfast Program Meal Pattern
- National School Lunch Program Meal Pattern
- Wellness Policy
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Child Nutrition Programs
- USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center of the National Agricultural Library
- USDA Team Nutrition
- School Nutrition Association (SNA)
- Louisiana State Department of Education
- Food and Nutrition Information Center
- Act 331, 2005 Louisiana Legislature
- Act 306, 2009 Louisiana Legislature
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center - School Vending List
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.